“The child is the beauty of God present in the world, that greatest gift to a family.” – Mother Teresa
St. M’s Celebrates Children in the Church
The presence of children is a gift to the church. They are members of our community and a reminder that our parish is growing.
When you bring your children to Saint Margaret’s here are some things to remember when your child is with you during worship:
- God put wiggles in children; don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house. All are welcome here.
- Sit toward the front where it is easier for your little ones to see and hear.
- Quietly explain the parts of the service.
- Sing the hymns, pray, and voice the responses. Children learn liturgical behavior by copying you.
- If you have to leave worship with your child, feel free to do so, but please come back.
- We do have a Quiet Room for you to use should you feel you need a little space for your little ones. You will still be able to listen and participate in the service.
- Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to the church, to God. and to one another. Let them know that they are at home in this house of worship.
Saint Margaret’s programs are for all children from birth through fifth grade. See the Childcare Center for information on the care of children from birth through age two.
Joyful Noise Worship 8:45 a.m. & 11:00 service
Children ages three years and older go to the chapel to read a Bible story together, pray, and enjoy some music during the sermon time.
10:10 Education Hour
All children are welcome to our 10:10 a.m. Education Hour. These classes are held between the 8:45 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. services to nurture your child’s growth in faith and fellowship.
Godly Play Two through four-year-olds. Children experience the foundation stories of the Bible in a quiet and thoughtful way and learn the patterns and symbols of worship and the congregational life.
CrossWalk Kindergarten through 5th grade. In this multi-sensory program, children go to a different workshop each week, learning in playful and diverse ways about God and issues of life and faith.
Examples of workshops are
- Tent Tales (storytelling)
- Holy Word Theater (drama/puppets)
- Creator’s Cooking (cooking)
- Thou Art Studio (art)
- Cross Rock (music)
- Sabbath Science (science)
- Jerusalem Marketplace (crafts from Jesus’ time)
- Galilean Games (games)
*Please Note: We take a brief hiatus during the summer months (June through August) and resume our normal schedule in September.
Vacation Bible School
Each summer, our week-long program is open to children from preschool through 6th grade.
Download the Registration Form here.
2019 Vacation Bible School Dates:
July 23rd – 27th
Contact Sonja Lindberg, Director of Christian Formation, for more information about any of our children’s programs.